Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are someone else's photos appearing in my photostream?

Today my 4G was frozen by EE (my network provider) as, according to them, I had used all of my data allowance. This was not the case and having spoken to their customer service department they got me back up and running following a few steps (including clearing my history, data and cookies, restarting my phone and adding a new data bolt on- the charges of which they would waive...). This all worked fine HOWEVER, I now have 7 photo's from someone else's phone in my photo stream... Thankfully (for them) nothing condemning, but they're a little weird...

Does anyone know of any feasible reason how I can end up seeing someone elses photos? Is this a hardware issue or an issue with my network provider?

Any thoughts / experiences welcome!!

Rob.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 7:43 AM

Nope, not sharing with anyone else (although where and how do I check this to be 100% sure?)

I will change my password now as a formaility...

This is really strange.

10 replies

Apr 19, 2013 7:45 AM in response to Roppo

It would show up as a separate Photo Stream listed under "My Photo Stream"

If the photos are in "My Photo Stream" on your phone, well that would be bizarre. Somoene took pictures under your Apple ID or with your phone. By any chance did someone maybe grab your phone by accident and take some pics?? (I'm thinking as a prank)

Apr 19, 2013 7:53 AM in response to pdroth

Yeah- they're on my camera roll and my photo stream.

The only time someone could have taken my phone is at work or at home and these pictures are in a hotel room, on a bus and a landscape shot of another country, there's no way these could have appeared from someone taking the phone.

So that narrows it down to someone taking pictures using my Apple ID, but presumably I can't trace that, can I?

I'm going to upload the photo's on to iPhoto when I get home, see if they're time/date stamped and can offer an insight...

Apr 19, 2013 8:07 AM in response to pdroth

But that's the thing - I haven't. 1 of the 7 pics looks like it's been saved from the internet, the other 6 are pretty much of the same 2 people as if they were on a night out. I don't recognise them or where they're being taken.

Also, going back to the last photo which I did take (which was yesterday afternoon) these photo's have appeared in the last 12 hours, and I only really noticed them after EE reset my network settings and asked my to turn my phone off/on.

Do you think that could have something to do with it?

Why are someone else's photos appearing in my photostream?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.