Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Individual Iphoto backup's all look the same! Help!!!

I have backed up my Iphoto to a separate harddrive. When I checked it before deleting anything from my computer they are all the same (3 separate Iphoto backup files) and show fewer pics than there were when I started the backup. How do I successfully backup my Iphoto and have access? I'm trying to free up space on my computer and I'm afraid to delete any photo's.

Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 1:27 PM

6 replies

Apr 19, 2013 2:52 PM in response to Eustace Mendis

I dragged the file to the external drive. I have done this before (1 other time with Mac Pro and Mac laptop backed up into partitioned files on the same external drive) so there were two other Iphoto files that were each different. Now there are 3 Iphoto files and they are exactly the same. I don't understand how that could happen or how it works. When I did it, I was asked if I wanted to replace a file that was existing and I said 'no'. Why wouldn't it have just created a whole new Iphoto file? I'm so confused!

Individual Iphoto backup's all look the same! Help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.