Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update Boot Camp w8x64 rMBP

When I first bought this computer, 13" retina, Boot Camp 5 wasn't available. I installed windows 8 on it. Now, I'm wondering what are the benefits of updating boot camp. The mouse trackpad is really agrivating me to the point of wanting to sell this computer. I don't want to because I'll miss its lovely screen. I use trackpad++ and it helps, overwhelmingly, but it isn't enough. Also the sensitivity is crazy on this machine. I don't even have to physically touch it and it triggers. [Just in case the climate affects it I'm in Florida.] Sometimes when resting my fingers on the homerow the bottom of my thumb triggers a response from the trackpad.

I also have hi-DPI problems.

A lot of times with checkboxes.

User uploaded file

These are my settings, which also display another problem I'm having. In the Custom sizing options window, the font is very bold. It's annoying.

User uploaded file

Another common HiDPI problem is the buttons cropping text. Also very bold.

User uploaded file

Again buttons cropped this time in height instead of width. For both Server and connections

User uploaded file

Typical weirdness that happen with certain applications.

User uploaded file

These problems are NOT with all applications, especially Microsoft.

It may have to do with the text scaling settings because I see similar problems when I connect to an external monitor.

I know I got a bit off topic, but it stems to the root of how to install bootcamp 5 and it's pros/cons. Also I'm open to suggestions on problems I'm having with my rMBP. I'm thinking about moving to a Lenovo Helix if problems persist. I have a x201 tablet that has a way better keyboard, but I can't use it anymore. The screen ***** compared to the retina.

Thanks in advanced.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), Windows 8

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 5:07 PM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2013 5:49 PM in response to TonyStarkPE

You didn't incicate if you are running OSX or not so somewhat hard to answer.

If you do have OSX installed is Windows 8 x64 running under BootCamp?

Have you upgraded to OSX 10.8.3?

I installed Windows 8 x64 on a 13" MacBookPro i7 16GB back in December 2012 before OSX 10.8.3 was released: I then updated pursuant to this link.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17005831#post17005831

Let us know your configuration in more detail and we shall try to help.

How do I update Boot Camp w8x64 rMBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.