Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does your MBP Retina 15 have bent screen glass in the upper corners?

I have a new 15" MacBook Pro and I am trying to figure out if this is normal or not. I had an older 15 MBP Retina and it did not have this characteristic. Maybe I'm crazy, but I am more concerned about potential for issues down the road as far as dust getting behind the screen and whatnot.

Sadly I don't have a working battery for my DSLR so I cant use my Macro Lens. Using my iPhone though it seems easier to look at the reflection than it was getting it to focus and show the line.

To me it looks like the glass bent and maybe even cracked. I am guessing there's some additional coating on the user facing side and this is what's making it look less significant and holding the glass into place. If you imagine a clear piece of plastic, just think of what happens when you fold a corner and make a crease. This seems to be a similiar issue.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 5:27 PM

You have 1-year warranty with the purchase, and can extend it to 3-years with AppleCare.

Genius Bar will tell you more, as we are users and not technicians. If it is less than 14 days old, you can return it and buy a new one (and you would not want to waste those days asking us).

8 replies

Apr 19, 2013 5:34 PM in response to steve359

So now what if I tell you I spoke to a store manager and he went on the floor and looked at their display modles. He claims he saw a similiar but less noticible effect on them. My photos don't show it because the iPhone just cant focus right. There is a straight line right where the "Warping" starts. Looks like you used the smudge tool in photoshop or something like that in the reflection.

User uploaded file

Apr 27, 2013 3:39 PM in response to Vizon

I wanted to also report back...

I went to the Apple Store and noticed that of the three 15" MBP Retina display models they had one had this on both corners as well. It did not seem as pronounced but you could clearly make out the line. Another one of the three only had it on one of the two corners. The third did not have it at all as far as I could tell.

The store did end up replacing the computer, especially since the display clicked when you pressed against the upper right corner. To me it sounded like adhesive trying to stick. YMMV. The new MBP does not have this at all in either corner.

Does your MBP Retina 15 have bent screen glass in the upper corners?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.