Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does my mac not have dual video card support? It is performing poorly with video games. 15" Mac Book Pro w/ Retina nVidia Video Card

I got my mac in the late summer. When I look up about my mac, it doesn't say 650m video card it just has the integrated graphics. Many games perform poorly.

Is this card not being activated or does it even exist in my mac?

Where could I view in specs to find what my mac all ahs in it?

I feel a nVidia 650m should be able to perform a little better than average

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 11:48 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2013 12:27 AM in response to James Lanser

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

The 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display has got a Intel integrated card and a NVIDIA dedicated card, and your computer should switch automatically when your computer requires more performance.

In theory, your computer should start using your NVIDIA graphic automatically when you open a game. However, you can try disabling graphic switching in System Preferences > Energy Saver, so your computer will use only your NVIDIA card, or install gfxCardStatus > http://gfx.io

Does my mac not have dual video card support? It is performing poorly with video games. 15" Mac Book Pro w/ Retina nVidia Video Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.