HT5556: Redeem iTunes Gift Cards with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or MacLearn about Redeem iTunes Gift Cards with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac
Currently Being ModeratedApr 20, 2013 12:50 AM (in response to MattRush)
Welcome to the Apple Support Communities
If you are referring to the ability to redeem gift cards using the camera of your computer, you can do it in the Australian Store
Currently Being ModeratedApr 29, 2013 11:16 PM (in response to MattRush)
Currently it is not avaliabe in the Australian iTunes Store.
They only recently began to rollout the new iTunes cards (they have an iTunes logo as the card face + difference colours for different credit values).
From my understanding, they are preparing this feature for the Australian store, but aren't quite ready yet. Once Apple is certain that a majority of all iTunes cards being bought are the new type - the feature is sure to be released.
Key features of the new iTunes cards:
- New card face (hologram iTunes logo)
- New card base (solid cardboard - no longer flimsy)
- The code label is peelable! No more excessive sticky annoying material!
- A square that surrounds the code (used in this camera-detection feature)
As Apple mentions here - Not all country support the feature, but I believe it is coming soon
Hope that help! Have a lovely day!
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points