Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto pics lost

A few days ago, I downloaded some photos from a Texas trip to iPhoto 11 (Ver 9.4.2) and printed a bunch of them. Now, I can't find a single one of those photos. Has never happened before.

I have an iMac OSX ver 10.8.3, Proc 3.1GHz Intel Core i5 with 32 GB memory

Fred

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 9:36 AM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2013 9:59 AM in response to LarryHN

I checked both Faces and Last Import. Nothing. Since last printing, I opened iMovie and made two projects (my nephew graduated from college and then got married in Dallas.

Both projects look great (Trailers)

PS Nothing in Places either. I actually printed about 40 copies yesterday, and today - nada. Unfortunately, I deleted them from my camera. Naturally, that's the first time I've done that so quickly.

Apr 20, 2013 10:08 AM in response to Fred Johnson

Give this a try: apply the two fixes below in order as needed:

Fix #1

Launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

Since only one option can be run at a time start with Option #3, followed by #4 and then #1 as needed.

Fix #2

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

1 - download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.

2 - click on the Add Library button, navigate to your Home/Pictures folder and select your iPhoto Library folder.

3 - Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the File ➙ Rebuild Library menu option.

4 - In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.

5 - Click on the Create button.

Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

OT

Apr 20, 2013 12:48 PM in response to Old Toad

Before I try this, here's what I checked first. I'm using a WD 6TB hard drive for my Time Machine.

Even tho it's backing up frequently, I noticed that it hasn't backed up my iPhoto Library since Feb 14th.

In my current iPhoto Library, I have no Photos after 2/13, no PhotoStream after 2/13 AND no photos in "last 12 month" after 12/31.

I did do a few photo edits today from pics taken in Jily 2012 and they have appeared in the proper Events from the originals.

How do I back up my Photo Library?

Apr 21, 2013 9:35 AM in response to Fred Johnson

Go into Time Machine's preferences, and exclude the Pictures folder on your Mac. Reboot, go back and remove the Pictures folder from the exclude list and force a new backup. It will take a while as it may backup the entire library rather than just the new or modified files.

The best source for diagnosing TM problems is Time Machine - Frequently Asked Questions

iPhoto pics lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.