Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding an offline iPod

Hi, my mom took my iPod Touch, so I know its somewhere in my house. My house has WiFi and my iPod Touch is connected to it, but when I used iCloud to try and locate my iPod, it said it was offline. The thing is I used "Locate my device" within 24 hours. Now my iPod is not even considered as a device on iCloud. I need help finding it I have stuff on it. Its like my phone.

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 11:43 AM

17 replies

Apr 26, 2013 8:20 AM in response to ampman123

If you set up the Find My iPod service prior to the iPod going missing, then there is a chance that can be tracked, though it depends on a number of factors (the iPod is turned on, connected to a WiFi network, and has not had the Find My iPod service disabled). Log into icloud.com and go to the Find My iPhone section. Note, though, that you'll only get the location of the WiFi router to which the iPod is connected; there's no way to pinpoint the exact location of the iPod itself.

If you did not set up Find My iPod, then there is no way to track it. Notify the police and change any passwords for any online accounts you may have used from your iPod (the iTunes Store, for instance).

Regards.

Apr 26, 2013 1:26 PM in response to varjak paw

My mom hid it before and I used "Find My Ipod" and it worked, but when she took it this time, it didn't work it said it was offline. I even used my TextPlus number to find it, but it said the number was unavailable. I think this means that the Ipod is away from WiFi. iCloud said that my Ipod was not connected to icloud even though I always check if it is.

P.S. My Ipod is locked. and my mom has it, so she won't take credit card information.

Apr 26, 2013 1:48 PM in response to TMens

If the iPod is turned off, it can't be located, period. And even if it was turned on, it would only show the location of your home WiFi router, not the location of the iPod in your house, so Find My iPod would not help you find the iPod within your own home.

There's nothing any one here can do to help further. This is something you need to work out with your mother.

Regards.

Finding an offline iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.