Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you organize iPad apps into folders?

How do organize apps for iPad, so you don't have scroll through pages to get to similar apps?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 11:09 AM

You put them into folders

Press and hold an app until it jiggles. Then you can drag ontop of another app, and create a folder for them both. You can name it as you wish.

7 replies

Apr 20, 2013 11:11 AM in response to Zhoolik

You can put apps into folders on your iPad by pressing and holding one of them for a second or two until they start to shake, and then drag (not too quickly) one of them over another one and hold it there, and you should then get a folder created with those two apps in it - you can then drag further apps into that folder (you can have up to 20 apps in a folder). There is a bit more info in the iPad's manual about app folders : http://support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

You can also do it via your computer's iTunes, by connecting and selecting the iPad on the left-hand sidebar (on iTunes 11 you can enable the sidebar via option-command-S on a Mac, control-S on a PC), and on the right-hand side of iTunes on the Apps using the mini screen mockups to move your apps around the screens and into app folders.

Apr 28, 2013 6:30 PM in response to King_Penguin

I don't get this at all. I am using itunes 11.02.26 and I never see the App mini screens that all the instructions say I should see. I think I need to move the apps in itunes because I want to group apps on screen 1 and screen 3 and there seems to be no way to move the apps from screen 3 to a folder on screen 1. Can you help me do this in either itunes of on the ipod tough 5g?

Apr 29, 2013 4:19 AM in response to Brakeshoe

You can do it directly on the ipad, but it takes the right touch and some practice. It would be easier via itunes on the computer.

When you connect the ipad to your computer and open itunes, do you see the side bar on left hand side, with the categories listed? (library, store, devices, genius)

Your ipad should show up under the heading 'devices'.

Click on the name of the ipad, it should open the 'summary' screen.

One there. click on 'apps' from withing the listed headings accross the top of the screen.

From there you can move your apps between the different screens and create folders.

Sep 6, 2013 1:25 PM in response to King_Penguin

Hello everyone,

I'm sort of interested in this thread. Especially when I saw this from King Penguin:

You can also do it via your computer's iTunes, by connecting and selecting the iPad on the left-hand sidebar (on iTunes 11 you can enable the sidebar via option-command-S on a Mac, control-S on a PC), and on the right-hand side of iTunes on the Apps using the mini screen mockups to move your apps around the screens and into app folders.

So I've done this on more that one occasion - arranged the apps using iTunes, but when I sync the iPad, the apps on the device are still on the same place as they were before the sync.

I'm having a problem with my device that's preventing me from moving them around on the device. It seems to be 'dead' on a portion of the left side and as a result I'm unable to move the apps/folders from page to page.

I thought that arranging the apps using iTunes would be a good work around.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting the iTunes issues. I'll eventually take the iPad to have it serviced to check out the problem on the left side.

Thanks in advance.

~kim

How do you organize iPad apps into folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.