Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari freezing and cannot connect to wifi

I have a Macbook pro 15" osx 10.8.3. Safari keeps freezing. when I quit safari and reopen it again then it cannot access wifi. Sometimes it connects after shutdown but safari is unstable and freezes and disconnects again and again. It works ok if connected via ethernet. I have an IPAD 2 and its connection to wifi is fine.

Please could someone help.

Many thanks

Monireh

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 11:59 AM

1 reply

May 7, 2013 4:23 PM in response to monireh

I have an iMac, running OS X 10.8.3 and have an issue where the internet drops, that is, the Wi-Fi bars remain at full strength, all other devices connected to my network work fine, but no program on this particular iMac that connects to the internet works (e.g., Safari, Mail, iTunes Store).

There are other cases of this frustrating issue posted in these "discussions" and no solid solution. I have been dealing with an Apple technician, engineers, and been to the Genius Bar. My issue is an ongoing case, and has been this way since the Fall of 2012.

I suggest contacting Apple support.

Safari freezing and cannot connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.