Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add signature to picture

Hi, I'm about to start a travel blog of my 9 month so far trip. I want to add some of my pictures to the website but I'd like to add watermarks and/or signatures and/or the site address to these pictures

1) I'm an amateur user of MAC (MacPro) and all I have so far is the iPhoto and Preview. Is it possible to do this using these softwares or do I need something else?

2) Is it possible to do a batch operation?

3) If I need Aperture or Photoshop, I need detailed explanations please, because I don't know very much about these softwares.

And I don't know if I'd buy Photoshop since I don't work with photography and that would be a big investment for now

4) Who manufactures Aperture? I couldn't find the software under Mac software (under the Apple software or Adobe software nor in Photography software links) on apple.com

thanks

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 3:39 PM

There's a free plug-in for iPhoto called BorderFX. That will do what you want.

http://www.iborderfx.com/iborderfx/

2. Depends on the app you choose.

3. You don't need either of them.

4. Apple make Aperture.

http://www.apple.com/aperture/

9 replies

Apr 22, 2013 10:00 AM in response to Yer_Man

Terence, thank you! I'm already using iBorderFX for iPhoto.

1) Please, I'd like to know if you had the same issues I'm having. After playing with the borders, colors... for a time, the preview stops updating. It's as if the program is not responding anymore. Whatever I do i not reflected. But if I close it and reopen, then the changes I made after it stopped responding suddenly appear

Also, the "Add text watermark" doesn't give me many options to edit a watermark

Then I tried the "Add image watermark" and created one in Keynote. I had to type a text in a single slide, save it as a picture (the bad is that the jpg looks like a sheet of paper with a text printed on it) and then open it from iBorder. The only way to make the "sheet of paper" look disappear was to choose "multiply" in the "blend mode". Then it's almost perfect, the final result is just the watermark text

2) I'd like to know if there's a better software where I can create watermarks. I wanted to create one that I can play more to create bold fonts, 3D look...

thanks

Apr 22, 2013 10:10 AM in response to Antonio Machado

Interesting since in your original post you stated that all you had was iPhoto and Preview - Oh Well

1 - for support on iBorder you need to contact the author

2 - I'm sure there are - for example PhotoShop can do almost anything - Aperture can do it - as to a "better" pacakge for you and your specific needs, you need to get on the internet and do your research - no one here can tell you what you want

LN

Apr 24, 2013 10:46 PM in response to LarryHN

Hi Larry, how are you? Regarding you remark "Interesting ... Oh well", I'll clarify so you don't make an assumption or judgements.

On April 20 I posted the original question. By then I only had iPhoto and Preview as I said at the time and there was no reason for me to hide or lie about anything.

Terence replied recommending iBorderFX. Two days later I replied "Terence, thank you! I'm already using iBorderFX for iPhoto".

Along those 2 days between the original post and Terence's prompt reply, I downloaded iBorder, played with it and came up with new issues. So, no iBorder then and yes iBorder now

You misinterpreted me or maybe my English was not gramatically correct since it's not my first language and this led you to understand me wrong. But after reading my text again and considering there were 2 days between the replies, I think it could be inteligible that I had time to download, use and have new doubts.

Next time I'll phrase "I already downloaded xyz and I'm already using it"

regards

Apr 25, 2013 11:03 AM in response to Antonio Machado

After playing with the borders, colors... for a time, the preview stops updating. It's as if the program is not responding anymore.

Which preview? The thumbnail view in iPhoto? If that's the one you're referring to know that iBorderFX only allows the user to export the photos with the added text out of iPhoto.

It's not like editing the photo with an external editor and keeping the edited version in the library and updating the preview/thumbnail file.

OT

Apr 25, 2013 7:58 PM in response to Old Toad

Preview is a program in my MAC (it came with the MAC) that I can use to open pdf, jpg... files. I thought you could create text and other things in POreview, but now, after researching, I think you can't, it's only for viewing files.

iBorderFX lets me add a picture file as a copyright signature. I created one in Keynote and added it to the pics. But in the Keynote I'm not being able to create the look and feel that I want in the signature

add signature to picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.