Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have updated to 5.2.1 and I am still unable to access Movies, TV Shows, or other iTunes features after updating. How do I access my content??

I have updated to 5.2.1 and I am still unable to access Movies, TV Shows, or other iTunes features after updating. How do I access my content??

AppleTV 2, Other OS

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 7:33 PM

2 replies

Apr 20, 2013 7:41 PM in response to fangirl2010

FYI - this link doesn't help as I already have this version (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4526). Also, when I try to do a full restore I get the error message: "The update was not successful. The Apple TV update couldn't be downloaded at this time. Try again later." My wi-fi connection is fine as I'm posting this message on my home wi-if network with an iPad and all 3 web cams on the same network are streaming just fine. Any suggestions??

Apr 23, 2013 5:28 PM in response to fangirl2010

After upgrading to 5.2.1 I wasn't able to view my movies or tv shows (I wasn't using homesharing). I kept getting "can't connect to Apple store" and unable to access account errors.

I found this thread and some others, and was a bit frustraited that there was no clean solution. I restarted my AppleTV, but didn't want to reset if I didn't need to b/c I didn't want to re-enter all my account info. So I tried something simple....

I simply unplugged AppleTV for ~1min, and plugged it back in. After that it worked fine.

I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else, but it's worth a try since it's easy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.