Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Urgent! Please help burning a Video DVD in Mountain Lion - a simple one!

I'm in NYC and have a video for a memorial service tomorrow morning in FL. I'm trying desperately to get it burned to DVD because they must have it on DVD for the service. I'm working with a basic Mac user there via email and telephone. He has Mountain Lion and iDVD. IDVD is not working for the files I sent him, but I researched here and elsewhere online and found TWO other options for him. I'm hoping someone here can tell me if either option will work.

I live on my iPad on iPhone but otherwise, use PC. I'm very limited on Mac knowledge when it comes to burning anything. Here goes...

I sent him two files that he successfully downloaded: The TS folder (containing both the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders) and the video in MP4 format. I don't need menus or anything. It's just a 7-minute video.

He had to go to bed (his family member is the one that passed away - obviously a tough few days for them) and I just emailed him TWO sets of instructions, so he can burn this DVD first thing in the morning before the service. I just need to know if either or both will work.

OPTION #1

1) Insert blank DVD (he has them) -- A box will pop up, choose "Open Finder" for the Action. Click "OK"

2) Now, the blank DVD will appear as an icon on the Desktop, just like any other removable disc or jumpdrive, etc. - But this icon looks like a DVD, so it's easy to see (at this point - you can change the name if you want, but you don't have to).

3) Now drag the TS folder I sent you (the one that has the "Video_TS" and "Audio_TS" folders inside of it) to the DVD icon and drop it on top of it.

7) As long as no error message pops up or anything, you should be ready to burn. Right-click on the DVD icon and choose "Burn (and it will say the name of the blank DVD)"

8) A box will pop up - "Are you sure...etc" - Just make sure the "Speed" is set to a pretty low speed - no more than 8x, to ensure it burns well. Then click "Burn" and it should burn successfully! If not, try this!

OPTION #2

1) In the folder you have on your desktop, with the "VIDEO_TS" and the "AUDIO_TS" folders inside, make sure the names of those two folders look just like that - all letters capitalized (The "video" folder has all the files in it. The "audio" folder is empty - that's fine).

2) Launch "Disk Utility" (For me on PC, it's "Windows Explorer" - it's where you can see all of your drives and files on your computer).

3) Go to "File" / then choose "New" / then choose "Disk Image from folder".

4) Find the folder you have on your desktop (the one I mentioned above) and click "OK".

5) A box will pop up. Just make sure the "Image Format" option is set to "DVD/CD Master" and click "OK".

6) Now it will create a "movie.cdr" disk image (I think right on the desktop, but if not - you can move it to your desktop).

7) Click on that "movie.cdr" just to open it to play it - to make sure it works. It doesn't matter where it opens - just make sure it's the memorial video and it's playing correctly. Close the program that's playing it (or just stop the movie - that should work too).

8) Then, switch back over to "Disk Utility", insert an empty DVD - and follow what I told you in Option #1 - But, this time drag the "movie.cdr" file to the DVD image on your desktop, then right-click on the DVD icon and click "Burn...etc".

*** So everyone, what do you think? Will either option work, and did I explain it correctly? Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! I really appreciate it.

Sage

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 11:49 PM

3 replies

Urgent! Please help burning a Video DVD in Mountain Lion - a simple one!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.