Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch 4g with iOS 6.1.3, drains battery quick

I always have my wifi off unless I proper need it, bluetooth always off, brightness always down, auto lock 1 min

Yesterday I was downloading more apps (using wifi) and first I charged it to over 3/4 then downloaded apps and my battery was dead in 20mins

I have battery doctor to try and help I got this info about my iPod

Model iPod touch (4th gen)

Version 6.1.3

Jailbroken no

CPU apple a4

Frequency 800mhz

Size 111 x 58.9 x 7.2

Weight 101g

Screen size 3.5"

Screen resolution 960 x 640

Pixel density 326 ppi

Battery voltage 3.7

Battery capacity 929 mah

Wifi 802.11 b/g/n

Bluetooth 2.1 +edr

Rear camera 0.7mp

Front camera 0.3mp

Three axis giro yes

Orientation sensor yes

Distance sensor no

Ambiant light sensor yes

I always remOve apps from the multitasking bar

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 1:06 AM

A lot of people running iOS 6 on older devices seem to be having this problem.(Including myself) Although you could technically go to a 3rd party ipod service center in your area and try to get the battery replaced, I would recommend to just sit tight and wait for Apple to release an update to fix this problem. Good Luck!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2013 1:06 AM in response to iNeedHelp 😢__

A lot of people running iOS 6 on older devices seem to be having this problem.(Including myself) Although you could technically go to a 3rd party ipod service center in your area and try to get the battery replaced, I would recommend to just sit tight and wait for Apple to release an update to fix this problem. Good Luck!

Apr 21, 2013 1:54 AM in response to iNeedHelp 😢__

Sometimes this works

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Apr 21, 2013 9:25 AM in response to iNeedHelp 😢__

Apple will exchange you iPod for a refurbished one for $199 if you have the 64 GB one and $99 for the other. If only a bad battery the exchange price is $79.

A third-party place like the following will rplace the batter for less. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Replace the battery yourself if you are up to it. you can purchase a replacement battery for about $10

iPod Touch Repair – iFixit

May 31, 2013 1:01 PM in response to iNeedHelp 😢__

Just yesterday my iPod 4g started losing ALL OF its charge within 1 minute of taking it off the charger. It will no longer stay on more than a few minutes after I take it off the charger b/c is says the battery has 2% charge. This happens after charging it COMPLETELY (green "battery" full).

i have already tried erasing and resetting the ipod. I have done this twice, just hoping it would fix.

The worst is that this is an Ipod I got at the Apple Genius Bar in February 2013, when i cracked the screen on my previous iPod 4g. So, this iPod 4g cost me $99 just 3 months ago and NOW IT IS UNUSABLE when unplugged.

Apple has not updated yet!

Has anyone found a fix?

My iPod touch 4g with iOS 6.1.3, drains battery quick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.