Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost IPhone 5

Hello people,

I lost a new IPhone 5 today. It was logged into Find My IPhone but somehow the theif was able to delete the pairing and shut down the app. I think the phone is still logged onto my ICloud. Is there any way i can find my phone, shut it down or erase the data?

Thanks a lot-

G Man 123-

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 12:24 AM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2013 1:03 AM in response to G_MAN_123

Sorry to hear you lost your phone.

You will need to login to iCloud.com with your apple ID and password.

Then click on the Find my iPhone picture, then it will attempt to locate the phone. Whether it can or not you will get some buttons on the right hand side, play a sound, lock or erase.

Choose the option you require and then it will perform that action the next time the phone connects to the Internet.

Apr 21, 2013 2:26 AM in response to G_MAN_123

The only way to locate/disable/erase any lost/stolen iPhone is through Find My Phone or a similar app. However, this requires that Find My Phone be setup/activated, on your phone, before it was lost/stolen. You would then login at iCloud.com & try to locate it. This requires the phone be turned on & have an Internet connection. There is no other way to locate a lost/stolen iPhone. Apple can't/won't help you, nor will your carrier. Report the loss to the Police, your carrier & Insurance company. Change all of your passwords.

If your carrier offers Blacklisting & they Blacklist the phone, it will be unusable as a phone.

If locked with a passcode, all a thief or whoever finds it has to do is force the phone into recovery mode & restore it. While this deletes all data on the phone, it also removes the passcode so the phone can then be used as a phone or touch.

Lost IPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.