Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video stutter in fullscreen mode, Macbook Pro Retina

When displayed fullscreen, video will "stutter".

This occurs with flash videos and quicktime videos alike, but only in fullscreen.

Video card problem when video is handed over to the GPU for fullscreen mode? Just a guess...

Here is a video of the effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC--Ub4HQP8

Brand new Macbook Pro 15" Retina, 10.8.3

MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 5:53 AM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2013 6:48 PM in response to The Gnostic One

It was occuring on the apple.com movie trailers website with quicktime, and is happening in safari and in chrome. It could be but I don't observe it to be an issue with the website.

The problem is it occurs sporadically... but the first time it happened was literally directly after I unboxed it and opened up apple movie trailers in safari... safari would have been the only thing running.

Apr 21, 2013 10:47 PM in response to Captain Lardnicus

OK... check this out... I don't know when or how, but now when viewing a video in quicktime in Safari, there is no longer an option for fullscreen... yet in Chrome on the same page there is. Both display the identical interface for quicktime, with Chrome having a fullscreen button.

Maybe it's being addressed silently with automatic updates...

Video stutter in fullscreen mode, Macbook Pro Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.