Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my Verizon iPhone 5 on T-Mobile?

Can I use my Verizon iPhone 5 on T-Mobile? T-MOBILE says yes, as they came unlocked from the carrier. 1 phone for all carriers. So basicly I put in my t mobile sim card into my verizion phone and im good to go? I called apple and I was told no. Has anyone done this? Has it worked?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 12:11 PM

11 replies

Apr 21, 2013 12:18 PM in response to littlekelli

I did try it, sorta..... I got a sim card from t mobile, put it in and was able to get voice (actually sounded better) than Verizion. But i was not able to get data. When i contacted t mobile I got about 100 differenct reasons why from they forgot to add data, to, I just need to plug it into itunes to update the carrier settings, to yes it will work , to no it wont. Each person tells a different story.

Can I use my Verizon iPhone 5 on T-Mobile?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.