Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have tired everything to get bootcamp to work on my macbook (early 2009 model with lion) and yet I get the "No bootable device" error. I'm trying to install windows with my flash drive but it just won't continue past the reboot. Help, please.

Boot camp will not work. I'm trying to install windows 7 32 bit on my macbook (early 2009 model with lion version 10.7.5). I have no windows install disk but I have a legit product key so I downloaded the iso off the web. I created and install disk on a usb drive to boot up windows 7. But the result is "No bootable device" error after my mac reboots. I'm about ready to give up, please help

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 3:40 PM

4 replies

Jan 4, 2014 7:03 PM in response to Muddrox

I emptathise with your situation. This fix worked for me after a few hours of trying to get WIndows installed on my MBA. I decided to keep by OS X and repartitioned a segment on my drive for Windows. If you are having problems with a "no bootable device" against a black screen which subsequently hangs, try using a different USB thumbdrivve. An unbranded 8GB one didn't help, but a Verbatim 8GB stick one I had worked like a charm. I am not sure why as both thumbdrives were verified as bootable on my windows laptop.

It is NOT necessary to install windows from a DVD drive, I didn't have a drive and wasn't prepared to buy one just for this purpose.

This guide from CNET was very helpful:

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-20020513-285/install-win-7-on-macbook-air-fr om-a-usb-drive/

I used ReFIT to bypass having to use an external hard drive which I also found unnecessary. Another problem I had was the MBA not detecting ReFIT options on restart. You actually have to do this a few times. I restarted it at least 4 times before it actually started detecting it, but it surely did.

Hope this helps....

I have tired everything to get bootcamp to work on my macbook (early 2009 model with lion) and yet I get the "No bootable device" error. I'm trying to install windows with my flash drive but it just won't continue past the reboot. Help, please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.