Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song has random pauses/pops after exporting

Hello all,

I've been having this issue for a while now. I have been exporting full-quality aiffs of my project from the latest version of Garageband (although it's happened before in earlier versions) but there will be occasional and random parts, super quick, that chop, or pause, or for a lack of a better term, fug up. It sounds like there's a little pop, almost.

Just so you get an idea, a project that has been doing it has 16 tracks in it (6 of which are software instruments, if that changes anything), three tracks have automations on them, and the master track also has an automation. I have the audio resolution set to best. Usually I have skype open while I export, sometimes safari, but otherwise it's just Garageband and skype open.

Anyways, if anyone has any experience with this, any help would be much appreciated. I have had to export tracks multiple times in hopes that I don't get those little pops, but it's a bit frustrating when you have to get things mastered and the original file is borked.

Thanks!

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 3:46 PM

2 replies

Song has random pauses/pops after exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.