Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures are disappearing! How do I get them back?

While working in Pages, after formatting and sizing my pictures, I delete a word or a picture that is nearby and all of the other pictures disappear! They are floating, but how do I get them back? I have tried Edit-Undo, but they do not come back. Please Help

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 4:18 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2013 7:38 PM in response to Bjunae

It is a little complicated to explain, but pages exist in Pages' Word Processing documents only when there is text on them, whether that is visible or invisible characters (such as returns, tabs, page and section breaks).

It sounds like you have a mix of returns, spaces and tabs on your pages that you are using to position objects, which in turn have text wrap on them, that push text away from them.

The text fits around the nooks and crannies of the objects, but when you move one or more the combination shuffles and text or invisibles that popped over the page will suddenly fit back onto previous pages and leave the pages that have objects, but no text, behind. They are still there, but not showing. They will reappear if you insert page breaks or anything that will recreate the foillowing pages.

If this is a problemn for you, or you are still learning Pages, work with Layout templates, selected from the Temp[late Chooser, which are all isolated pages and which do not behave like the Word Processing pages.

Learn a bit more about Pages here:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick

Peter

Pictures are disappearing! How do I get them back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.