Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any other way to contact Apple beyond sending Aperture feedback?

Hmmm,

Yet another Aperture update and still no change in the Photo Book maps not showing the CASPIAN SEA...which is only the LARGEST LAKE IN THE WORLD!

It's missing, plain and simple.

That also makes all the countries surrounding it have the wrong borders and shapes. (Azerbaijan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, and Iran)

This must have been the third or forth time I have sent feedback via Aperture Feedback* about this issue,

but still no change or correspondence regarding when this may be addressed.

I've been working on a 100+ page book of travel through Asia and I can't use the map for this area...and I'd really like to finish the book...sometime in this millenium. ;-)

Does anybody else think that such a significant omission is well...rather embarrassing?

(especially in light of former screw ups with inaccurate maps in iOS)

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

* I know this is like writing a note in a bottle and tossing into the sea (pun intended) but what the ****...maybe someone, some day will read it.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 10:34 PM

Besides sending feedback, try the "contact us" options on the Support page. http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

I just noticed - the maps in iPhoto are showing the Caspian sea, even if the Aperture maps ignore this sea. Would it be an option for you to open your Aperture library in iPhoto and to create your book there? If you have the latest iPhoto '11 in addition to Aperture, you can switch between iPhoto and Aperture from the File menu in both applications. Most options work very well, when switching between iPhoto and Aperture, see: Aperture 3.3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture; unfortunately books are not transferrable. You'd have to recreate the book from the album, or perhaps only recreate your map pages and export them as image files to use them with the Apeture:

Here is what the Caspian looks like in an iPhoto Book:

User uploaded file

Could creating the maps in iPhoto be an option for you until this bug will be fixed? The map styles are very similar. And seeing that Aperture and iPhoto are sharing a lot of code, I have a lot of hope, that this bug will be fixed soon.

Regards

Léonie

I'll send another bug report.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2013 10:34 PM in response to lesyeuxheureux

Besides sending feedback, try the "contact us" options on the Support page. http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

I just noticed - the maps in iPhoto are showing the Caspian sea, even if the Aperture maps ignore this sea. Would it be an option for you to open your Aperture library in iPhoto and to create your book there? If you have the latest iPhoto '11 in addition to Aperture, you can switch between iPhoto and Aperture from the File menu in both applications. Most options work very well, when switching between iPhoto and Aperture, see: Aperture 3.3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture; unfortunately books are not transferrable. You'd have to recreate the book from the album, or perhaps only recreate your map pages and export them as image files to use them with the Apeture:

Here is what the Caspian looks like in an iPhoto Book:

User uploaded file

Could creating the maps in iPhoto be an option for you until this bug will be fixed? The map styles are very similar. And seeing that Aperture and iPhoto are sharing a lot of code, I have a lot of hope, that this bug will be fixed soon.

Regards

Léonie

I'll send another bug report.

Apr 24, 2013 9:33 AM in response to léonie

Hi leonieDF,

Thank you again for your help and for suggesting alternate solutions with the iPhoto workaround and the "contact us" option!

I was aware of sharing libraries between iPhoto and Aperture, but the layouts and maps are different in each and for consistency sake are not compatible.

Unfortunately, recreating the entire 100 page book (I have altered the templates and there is a lot of text as well as imagery) is not something I have the time or interest in doing...especially for one small (yet important) part.

Yes, a bug fix is neccessary, and I appreciate you sending another report.

I guess that I'll just have to put this on hold until then.

All the best,

lesyeuxheureux

Is there any other way to contact Apple beyond sending Aperture feedback?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.