Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i edit a photo in iPhoto on an ipad will iPhoto on my macbook pro have the edited version as well

If i edit a photo on iphoto on my ipad and then conect it to my laptop will it

save the changes i made the photos on the ipad or will it revert them to

the original version which is the verion they are on the macbook pro?

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 4:01 PM

iPhoto on the iPad and on your Mac ar completely different programs. They do not sync in both directions.

When you upload photos to your iPad bysyncing albums and events to it using iTunes, and then edit some photos, and connect the iPad again and sync again, then the synced albums will be replaced on the iPad by the new set of albums. The changes will not sync back to iPhoto on your Mac.

If you want the edited image to appear on your mac, savea new copy to the camera roll and then connect the iPad to your Mac. Import selected photos from the camera rolll to iPhoto.

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2013 4:01 PM in response to Emelie1587

iPhoto on the iPad and on your Mac ar completely different programs. They do not sync in both directions.

When you upload photos to your iPad bysyncing albums and events to it using iTunes, and then edit some photos, and connect the iPad again and sync again, then the synced albums will be replaced on the iPad by the new set of albums. The changes will not sync back to iPhoto on your Mac.

If you want the edited image to appear on your mac, savea new copy to the camera roll and then connect the iPad to your Mac. Import selected photos from the camera rolll to iPhoto.

Regards

Léonie

if i edit a photo in iPhoto on an ipad will iPhoto on my macbook pro have the edited version as well

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.