Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Touch 5th gen. fades out in a darkeded room. How can I fix this as it doesn't have an auto brightness switch?

My iPod Touch 5th gen. fades out in a dark room. How can I fix this as it doesn'tr have a auto-brightness switch?

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 4:39 PM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2013 5:35 PM in response to eslh

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Jul 14, 2014 9:57 AM in response to eslh

This “The screen goes from dim to off but the audio remains on.” sounds like the Auto-Lock feature, not Auto-Brightness. If you don’t want your iPod to automatically lock its screen, you can go to Settings -> General -> Auto-Lock -> and choose Never.

I am working off of just memory here and maybe about the wrong iOS version, but I think that if your iPod is charging and playing music, it will only fade the screen but not actually lock it. Thus, the iPod’s screen will be quite dark and will respond after you touch anywhere on the screen or push the home button after which you can go about using it again. However, again, this fading of the screen would happen at the same time period as you have set Auto-Lock to and is part of the Auto-Lock mechanism (it is not from Auto-Brightness). This behavior of the screen dimming while charging and playing music should also go away if you set Auto-Lock to Never (untested).

My iPod Touch 5th gen. fades out in a darkeded room. How can I fix this as it doesn't have an auto brightness switch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.