Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

computer stuck in caps lock

My Macbook air is stuck in caps, no caps lock key lit, though it can light up when tapped. I tried checking for stuck keys, nothing. I also rebooted SMP. nothing. everything is in caps, including character keys. It shows the computer in boot screen with SAFE BOOT in red top right corner. Help?

MacBook Air, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 4:21 AM

Using the external keyboard, try a PRAM reset:

• Shut down your Mac.
  • Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
  • Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  • Release the keys.

Excerpt from: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2013 4:21 AM in response to j.jeffers

Using the external keyboard, try a PRAM reset:

• Shut down your Mac.
  • Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
  • Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  • Release the keys.

Excerpt from: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

computer stuck in caps lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.