5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2013 12:19 PM by thomas_r.
OSX128bit Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

( This is a continuation of OSX128bit posts .  Hopefully it is helpful to users .  And all input is voluntary . )

I received in Terminal.app from dns-sd -B :

Instance Name

Web Server on CiscoLinksysEA4500

And I received a comment saying :

It has a web interface for configuration

And while I see that , I confirmed as well :

Instance Name

Web Server on NetGearWNDR4500

And then I've reached out to both Manufacturers with problems occuring , see OSX128bit posts , and the response I have currently is :

What's happening on your router is strange and our engineering team are suspecting that it maybe a virus on the computers.   To isolate this problem any further kindly disconnect all computers , ie turn off and remove physical connections to the router , and clear the log of the router .   Then connect just 1 computer .   And don't use the MAC Address computers that are having the problems .   Then connect a computer 1 by 1 to see which 1 would show the log of a computer that is not on so you can narrow down which computer is maybe infected . 

Now , the problem here is I have already done this .  If you see OSX128bit posts ,  I've Clean Installed OS X with every type of Erase pass , plus Recovery 'd with Hard wired and with Wi-Fi , and with Both Hard wired and Wi-Fi .  And also gone to the Apple Store to get a local copy of OS X to try .   I have experienced situations when , 1 computer device can be completely Powered Off with and the MAC Address will be still logging on the Router with WLAN Access Allowed .  I've also experienced upon Restarting the computer device ,  and Resetting the computer device ,  and see the Logs stating ,  and IP Address is assigned ,  then WLAN Access Allowed ,  and then 1 to 3 seconds after WLAN Access Rejected: Incorrect Security .  And the Logs will go anywhere from 15 minutes to over 30 minutes to over 45 minutes and more than once I have seen the logs go over 1 hour and 30 minutes .   In addition ,  I have seen that the logs state that WLAN Access Allowed for a computer device that has been away from the proximity of the Router , either Hard wired example or Wi-Fi connected example ,  and it will log WLAN Access Allowed and WLAN Access Rejected: Incorrect Security ,  when in fact I have had the computer device at least 5 miles away from the Router .

I'm still seeing lag ,  slow performance  ,   auto logged out ,  screenshot flashes upon Booting or Logging In or Logging Out ,  I'm still seeing in the logs in Console.app that desktop_screenshot is being conducted ,  when I know I still haven't utilized this awesome feature on OS X ,  for this computer device .  And I still get this dimmed dark gray screen when I log in , every time ,  with a Big Dark Gray Apple Loading Icon , as if I'm being Remote Logged In . 

--OSX128bit

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)
  • thomas_r. Level 7 Level 7 (29,990 points)

You really need to quit posting bits and pieces of your issues here and there, and expecting everyone to run around picking them up and piecing together the story. I've seen a number of your posts, but I still have absolutely no idea what's going on. I know that you have erased your hard drive and reinstalled the system many times, and still feel that you have a virus for some reason. Beyond that, I simply cannot follow your posts... they are very unclear and seem to assume knowledge of things you have said previously in other places.

Start over. Create ONE new post, and confine all of your future replies to that topic. Do not start new topics with replies, click the Reply link at the bottom of posts to attach a reply to the same topic.

In that new topic, start at the very beginning, and explain clearly what symptoms you are seeing that lead you to believe you are infected with something, and what things you have tried. It is important that you work hard on being clear. Your posts, to date, have been extremely flow-of-consciousness and confusing.

Note that, in the case of this topic, it is completely normal for you to see a "web server" on most wireless routers. After all, think about how you change the settings of the router... through a web browser.

• Barney-15E Level 8 Level 8 (41,185 points)

Good Luck Thomas, maybe you'll get a better response. I asked for a similar response on another one of his threads to no avail.

• OSX128bit Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

( This is a continuation of OSX128bit posts .  Hopefully it is helpful to users .  And all input is voluntary . )

I've been officially reported to Apple .

I thank you all for your recommendations and help .

I'll be using the advise to ask for a consolidation of all threads and messages .

I'll be limited to offering 5 points for each piece of advice as help ,

versus starting another thread or message to offer 10 points .

--OSX128bit

• greg sahli Level 7 Level 7 (24,605 points)

Hopefully it is helpful to users .

I'm sorry, but NOT ONE of your confused posts has been helpful to anyone.

Are you testing a new random question generator or something similar?

We can't help you because you're asking questions about doing Not-so-smart things that none of us would try.

If you could reinstall OS X and then ask us a question based on symptoms you're having - and Stop doing random things until we answer, maybe we can help.

Nobody here who is actually capable of helping you Cares about the points.

• thomas_r. Level 7 Level 7 (29,990 points)

I'll be using the advise to ask for a consolidation of all threads and messages .

If you are planning to ask the moderators to consolidate your topics, don't bother. That would not be helpful, as your posts as is are not remotely clear. Consolidating them, even if the moderators agreed to do so, would be a waste of their time.

You need to start a new topic yourself, and explain the problem clearly and concisely. If the issue with the clarity of your posts is that English is not your native language, you should post in your native language and hope that someone else who speaks that language can help you.

I'll be limited to offering 5 points for each piece of advice as help ,

versus starting another thread or message to offer 10 points .

As greg points out, most of us are not here for the points. Especially once you reach level 6 and are granted access to a behind-the-scenes forum, there's no further reason to accumulate points, as they don't DO anything else for you.

Don't worry about the points, worry about making yourself clearly understood to those who want to help you. If you can't do that, you probably won't be finding help here.