Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my keyboard show up in the middle of the screen when I try to email a picture from photos app (and others).

Anytime I try to open up the photos app and send a picture as email or message the keyboard shows up in the middle of the screen instead of sticking to the bottom of the screen. I am on an iphone 5 there is no undock, or split keyboard button. NOT AN IPAD. There is no keyboard orientation key on the iphone 5 keyboard. I'll post a picture if I can figure out exactly how to do that, it's been going on since I got the phone.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 5:27 AM

16 replies

Apr 23, 2013 7:16 AM in response to Flip0037

Taking a screen shot is done by holding the on/off button and then momentarily holding the home button. You should see the screen flash.

As far as the issue you are having, what troubleshooting have you done? The first is restart, power the phone off/on. The next is a reset, done by holding the on/off and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then relese. Once the phone starts back up, check to see if this corrects the problem. This should take care of it, however if it doesn't, then you will need to do a restore, first from a backup, and if necessary restore as a new device.

Apr 23, 2013 7:34 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I know how to take a screenshot I just don't know how to post it on the little board here. I have tried all of the suggestions, I'm pretty familiar with iPhones. I don't want to restore. I hate that a restore is the only way to fix problems anymore. And Genius Bar is somewhat out of the question, I usually have to tell them how to do their job at the one I have to go to. Aside from hardware problems I could probably help everyone in this entire forum by telling them to restore and set up as new device. Lame.

Apr 23, 2013 8:00 AM in response to Flip0037

Well, when you first select to send the file, the key board doesn't show up. When editing, the keyboard automaticaly shows up, but yes, doesn't go away if you need it to afte it pops up. Need the hide button. I've been sending pics for years and never noticed it..... but I understand the need to hide it, even though there's nothing to do if you hide the keyboard since you can't edit the picture.....

Apr 23, 2013 10:00 AM in response to Flip0037

You have a VERY screwed up phone. Assuming it isn't jailbroken, Restore it as a new phone. The problem will go away. Try reloading your backup. If the problem comes back you have a corrupt backup.

Actually, I'm pretty sure its jailbroken, and what you are seeing is a feature. There is no way with a non-jailbroken phone to show both the date and time in the title bar.

Apr 23, 2013 10:03 AM in response to Flip0037

Well, I don't understand why on the top of the mail message you have that 4.22 - 7:20, and the 36 in the circle, but it seems as though it could be a corrupt file or the iOS is corrupt. The only thinkg that I can think of would be to install the iOS over again, via a restore. As you say, something is not right, and the only way to try and fix it is to bring the phone back to factory setting.

Why does my keyboard show up in the middle of the screen when I try to email a picture from photos app (and others).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.