Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my imac won't see my superdrive

bought a cheap (er) external dvd drive but it disn't work ... so invested in apple super drive ... this does even less ... doesn't even show on the desk top ... is this why i invested nearly £2.6k in a mac .... no it isn't !!!!!!

can anyone help me pleae ?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 10:13 AM

6 replies

Apr 22, 2013 12:04 PM in response to Rudegar

hi rudegear and Mike thanks for replying

yup i agree doesn't work is a bit vague but that's why i bought an apple cos i thought all apple add pons were compatible!!!

my problem is that even with the superdrive connected and working ... ie a plays a disc, in the finder sidebar the external drive doesn't show this means that I can't do anything with a disc like eject or burn it.

Keith

Apr 22, 2013 12:57 PM in response to MichelPM

FYI,

Optical drives that are made by Pioneer or LG will work fine with Macs.

Optical drives that say they only work with Windows probably will not work with Macs unless they say or have the Mac OS X logo mentioned or say the optical drive is also, Mac compatible.

Despite what everyone says here, not all optical drives are compatible with Macs.

my imac won't see my superdrive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.