Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screensaver locking

Running 10.6.8

and my screen saver is locking up. this just started about 2 weeks ago and cant figure out why.

what are the best ways to figure this out?

I have to power down my machine and reboot. is there a place a crash file is kept or logs that I could look at?

Cheers

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 10:58 AM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2013 1:20 PM in response to Noah Wallach

HOME>Library>Preferences. Trash the com.apple.screensaver.plist file.

Disconnect all devices from the computer then do the following:

Boot up from your Snow Leopard Install DVD while holding down the "c" key.

Select the language you wish to use, and then choose "Disk Utility" from the menu bar.

Your HD should appear in a panel on the left hand side of the window which opens. Select it and then click on the "repair disk" button in the right hand section of the window.

Once this process has been completed restart your computer and repair permissions directly from Disk Utility. A new plist file will be recreated when you start up your screensaver.

If Disk Utility is unable to complete the repair, you will need to use a stronger 3rd party utility like DiskWarrior, Techtool PRO (not Deluxe) or Drive Genius.

Report back if your screensaver is still "locking."

User uploaded file

screensaver locking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.