Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did a recent update to the AppleTV Change how the Apple TV reacts when connected to an HDMI to Analog (composite) video converter when sending video?

Did a recent update to the AppleTV (sepcifically Gen 2) change how the Apple TV reacts when connected to an HDMI to Analog (composite) video converter when sending presumably protected content? Media that I was able to watch last year is now giving me HDCP access errors when I try to watch it now.

I had set up an AppleTV2 via HDMI (of course) to an HDMI to Analog (Composite/S Video) converter (A generic box purchased from Amazon). The analog output was then fed into an RF modulator, and passed into the house "cable system". This allowed me to watch DVDs that I had ripped to iTunes as well as Netflix streams on the collection of old TVs I have scattered about the house (basement, workshop, garage, shed, etc). A few weeks ago (possibly a few months) - this stopped working - with messages about HDCP requirements.

AppleTV 2, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 12:11 PM

1 reply

Did a recent update to the AppleTV Change how the Apple TV reacts when connected to an HDMI to Analog (composite) video converter when sending video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.