Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overcharging iPad mini

- How long, how many hours normally should an ipad be charged from <10% to 100%?

- If it is OVER-CHARGED for long hours (6-8hours), will it be bad for the iPad battery?

- Is it necessary that the iPad's battery come to less than 10% to be put in charged, and should it be charged fully? Can it be removed before 100%?

iPad

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2017 9:52 AM

so has anybody found a solution for this issues,

I had it happen to me yesterday, ipad mine was charging, and when I un plugged it,

it was hot to touch, and would not start

I let it cool down over night, still not able to hard boot it

any suggestions?

I've tried a different cord, and am now thinking it's battery got fried some how?

any suggestions?

thanks

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2017 9:52 AM in response to farhan0312

so has anybody found a solution for this issues,

I had it happen to me yesterday, ipad mine was charging, and when I un plugged it,

it was hot to touch, and would not start

I let it cool down over night, still not able to hard boot it

any suggestions?

I've tried a different cord, and am now thinking it's battery got fried some how?

any suggestions?

thanks

Apr 22, 2013 1:55 PM in response to farhan0312

Using the iPad wall charger, the nominal charge time from 10 to 100 percent would be 5-6hours or so. It won't overcharge if left for more than 6 hours since there is a sensing system which will automatically limit the charging current to a trickle charge rate.

I like to recharge my Pad battery when it is between 20-30 percent, usually, and once in a while take it down to around 10 percent before charging.

Apr 22, 2013 2:01 PM in response to farhan0312

Lithium polymer batteries do not have the memory issues associated with old nickel cadmium batteries.

Charge it whenever you want or feel the need to, it will not affect the battery.

All modern day electronics have circuitry built in to prevent over charging. Charge it for as long as you want, it won't hurt the battery.

Here is Apple's official statement about the battery:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html

Apr 3, 2016 8:09 PM in response to naumaanshaikh96

Same here.

Ipad mini becomes totally unresponsive after a full charge. Will turn back on on its own after a couple of hours.

Tried everything. All basic to advanced manippulations as well as al restore modes. Experienced user here.

Even with the latest ios, still the same issue.

My only idea is that it might be a charging circuit issue.

Did you solve yours ?

Overcharging iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.