Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Combining 5.1/Stereo tracks to footage using compressor to DVD pro for making a Blu-ray disk

I have a 1080p 25fps concert (made to a rough guide track), now exported. I have created stereo and 5.1 master tracks and now i'm stuck as to how to create a Bluray Disk that users can switch between the 5.1 and stereo tracks. I have Compressor and DVD studio Pro avialable to me but i honestly have no clue how to do this.

The 5.1 has been exported as l,c,r etc and the stereo is single stereo file. Both are 48khz and 24bit.

Any help would really help me out.

Craig.

DVD Studio Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 7:26 PM

I'm afraid that DVD SP is not going to be able to help you with Blu-Ray. It never supported that format; in HD it only supported HD DVD, which lost the format wars to Blu Ray.

Most people who want to author a complex Bllu-Ray use either Toast or Encore. Or they send it out.

Compressor can do the Blu Ray encoding, but you'll have to use another app to author and burn.

As for adding surround sound, what I know is what I read. I've done a test or two just so I would know a bit about the concept, but I don't have the proper monitoring equipment, so I don't work with it.

Here is a thread that discusses the 5.1 workflow using legacy FCP and Compressor. It may give you some further insight and ideas.

Good luck.

Russ

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2013 7:26 PM in response to mac_audio

I'm afraid that DVD SP is not going to be able to help you with Blu-Ray. It never supported that format; in HD it only supported HD DVD, which lost the format wars to Blu Ray.

Most people who want to author a complex Bllu-Ray use either Toast or Encore. Or they send it out.

Compressor can do the Blu Ray encoding, but you'll have to use another app to author and burn.

As for adding surround sound, what I know is what I read. I've done a test or two just so I would know a bit about the concept, but I don't have the proper monitoring equipment, so I don't work with it.

Here is a thread that discusses the 5.1 workflow using legacy FCP and Compressor. It may give you some further insight and ideas.

Good luck.

Russ

Apr 23, 2013 7:42 AM in response to mac_audio

If you're asking whether you can export a menu out of DVD Studio Pro to use with Toast Blu Ray, I'm pretty certain the answer is no.

You can build menus in Toast. And while they may not be at the level of DVD SP, they should be functional for most cases.

Compressor has a very basic (single track) BD option. You could try it with a re-writable disk to see whether it is acceptable for your purposes (the video quality is generally considered very good).

You could also explore Adobe Creative Cloud, which has a month-to-month subscription option. I don't believe their free trial includes Encore, but other than very expensive solutions, that may be your best bet.

Good luck.

Russ

Combining 5.1/Stereo tracks to footage using compressor to DVD pro for making a Blu-ray disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.