Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need help downgrading os on iphone 4

I have an old iphone4 from Japan, that I surrendered sim card to SoftBank Phone company... that now I have been using strictly as a wifi phone, camera, mp3 player, etc.. I recently upgraded the os to os6, not sure why, but now because I dont' have a sim card for it, I can't complete the upgrade.. what can I do?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 4:13 PM

9 replies

Apr 29, 2013 4:28 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

thanks for the link and help so far... I am still without a solution unfortunately. As I mentioned in my original post, my service provider in Japan, SoftBank, took the original sim card when I cancelled my contract with them. I could try asking them to give me a new one, but really have doubts about it. I also tried to finish the upgrade with my sister's sim card from her active iphone, but that didn't work . I have no idea where to look for an unactivated Iphone4 sim card, but that seems like what I have to have in order to finish the upgrade.. another option/message I recieved during the upgrade was to have the phone unlocked in order to proceed.. is that even possible in it's current state? Thanks again, Mike

need help downgrading os on iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.