Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I block incoming emails in Apple Mail OSX Mountain Lion?, how can I block incoming emails in Apple Mail OSX Mountain Lion?

A hacker has sent me over 100 of the same emails in the past day. How can I block their emails?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), desktop

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 7:54 PM

7 replies

Apr 22, 2013 10:57 PM in response to carole-mac

This will depend on the nature of the emails, and if there is a common aspect to them such as the subject or the sender's e-mail, then you can create a rule in Mail's preferences by selecting one of the spam emails in your inbox, and then go to the Rules section of the Mail preferences and create a new rule. The sender's email will be listed in the rule, and you can set an action to automatically trash any incoming messages from that sender.

You can also change the rule to apply to a specific subject line, or some text in the body, etc.

Jul 14, 2014 9:38 AM in response to Linc Davis

Never used rules before. Was getting messages from Asia. Do not know what language. Applied the rules to delete the emails and they disappeared after applying the rule. Interesting too, how as you highlight the next email with a different email address, then click the + sign to add another email address, the system adds the email automatically. Thank you for the suggestion. It worked perfectly.

how can I block incoming emails in Apple Mail OSX Mountain Lion?, how can I block incoming emails in Apple Mail OSX Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.