Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do i need to back up in icloud my camera roll on my ipad if all my photos are on my imac

Do I need to back up camera roll on my ipad to icloud if all the photos are already on my imac? I keep getting messages telling me my icloud storage is full.

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 3:45 AM

No you don't. In fact camera roll photos can be a great storage hog in iCloud if you have a lot of them. If you have imported them to your Mac you do not need to back them up to iCloud.

If they are important to you, you might want to also store them on an external drive - Time Capsule, an external hard drive - but you don't need to use iCloud as well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2013 3:45 AM in response to rosemariefromnorwich

No you don't. In fact camera roll photos can be a great storage hog in iCloud if you have a lot of them. If you have imported them to your Mac you do not need to back them up to iCloud.

If they are important to you, you might want to also store them on an external drive - Time Capsule, an external hard drive - but you don't need to use iCloud as well.

do i need to back up in icloud my camera roll on my ipad if all my photos are on my imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.