Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone here know how to make a background soundtrack for a Tai Chi Video?

Good morning,

Does anyone here know how to make a background soundtrack for a Tai Chi Video in Garageband. I have been looking around at the different sounds and music in Garageband but I have not been able to find anything that would go with the video.

Here is an example of a Tai chi video if you were wondering

http://youtu.be/a6pJf2otwv8

I want to create something like this for a video I did for a fitness gym for a Yoga instructor and Tai Chi instructor.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 3:40 AM

8 replies

Apr 23, 2013 4:20 AM in response to Brandon Krieger

MainStage 2 is a different Application. It will let you arrange your instruments and effects for live performances. I never used it once, but bought it, because it will install all five JamPacks (the loops and instruments) in exactly the location in the Library, where Logic and GarageBand are installing their instruments and loops.

So when you buy and install MainStage 2 (priced about 30 $ US), you will have plenty of new instruments and loops, more than GB of additional effects - Remix Tools, Rhythm Section, Symphony Orchestra, World Music, Voices. The World Music JamPAck has many asian sounding instruments - percussion, flutes, strings, even tibetian singing bowls!

Apr 23, 2013 6:50 AM in response to Brandon Krieger

oh I was hoping to stay with one application.

If you simply ignore MainStage once you installed it, it will be o.k. It will have served its purpose as an installer for additional instruments and loops.

You only need to run it once after installation. Then it will download a lot of additional content. The 3GB worth of audio files cannot be downloaded in one go.

Open the "Mainstage" application menu and select "Download additional content".

User uploaded file

That's it.

Apr 23, 2013 7:44 AM in response to léonie

Hi Hangtime and LeonieDF,

I'm new to the music creation and it took me a while to figure out Garageband and how I can work with it. That is why I was mentioning I didn't want to add another application to the mix that I would have to learn how to use.

From what you guys are saying and correct me if I am wrong.

I install "MainStage" download the additional content and then I am figuring I can import it into Garageband and use it from there, is that what you are saying?

Thanks

Does anyone here know how to make a background soundtrack for a Tai Chi Video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.