Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad can't find locations

Ok tried so many ways to find location reset locations on been to apple store worked fine THERE

not my IPad or settings

Was working fine till I up graded to os 6.1.3

Still my IPad can't find my location for maps

But many other aps I use are not working cause they can not find my location

Will apple please fix this prob or tell me how Help

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 1:48 AM

Is this an iPad with WiFi? Or one with WiFi+Cellular? WiFi only iPads do not have GPS chips. They get whatever location data they get from wireless routers. If the routers are not in Apple's database, the location data can be wrong. There is no way for the end user to access the database directly.

8 replies

Apr 23, 2013 3:49 AM in response to Colstanley

Meg if this is you name hi

I agree I think it will turn out my Telstra router is not on the apple thingo

Ah data base but it was ok for months

But now big prob as each day passes aps are asking for location services. Due to some legal requirement

Ta for the interest and maybe help solving

But okay for all including apple for telling me the problem

BUT

I need to solve ?!

May 11, 2013 9:14 PM in response to Colstanley

I have Ipad mini wifi only. when i used ios 6.12 turn on wifi load location and map then i turn off wifi the map still locate when i roam and go out . If not have gps chip how this can locate when turn off wifi and locate with offline mod . now i updraded ios 6.13 gps chip not work can't locate . Why? Ipad mini have gps chip but apple fix ios 6.13 for ipad wifi only don't not include driver for gps chip or hide this?

IPad can't find locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.