Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing files

Is it possible to begin the editing process in Windows Movie maker and later transfer all my clips and files to Final Cut Pro to polish-up and finish my project?

On this same note, is it possible to use Video Pad Video editor and later transfer all my clips and files to Final Cut Pro to polish-up and finish my project?

Thanks,

elemir

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 8:08 AM

You will have issues swapping projects between pro programs much less a low end consumer freebie like movie maker and a pro app like final cut. The two programs don't even speak the same language.

The most you'll be able to do is export clips from MM, import them as clips into FC and then start all over. You can't just cut and paste/export/import timelines between the programs.

Look at the specs for movie maker, see what formats it outputs

Look at the specs for final cut, see what formats it accepts

find a common format and go from there.

You might stand a better chance with the iPad editing, but I have no experience with them. FOr your best result? start in final cut and end in final cut.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2013 8:08 AM in response to elemir

You will have issues swapping projects between pro programs much less a low end consumer freebie like movie maker and a pro app like final cut. The two programs don't even speak the same language.

The most you'll be able to do is export clips from MM, import them as clips into FC and then start all over. You can't just cut and paste/export/import timelines between the programs.

Look at the specs for movie maker, see what formats it outputs

Look at the specs for final cut, see what formats it accepts

find a common format and go from there.

You might stand a better chance with the iPad editing, but I have no experience with them. FOr your best result? start in final cut and end in final cut.

Editing files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.