Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used to be able to back up my Itunes Library on to Discs. I can not find that option anymore. Is it gone?

I used to backup my music library on DVD's twice a year. With the latest updates, I find that option is gone.

Is it really gone, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Bob

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 10:17 AM

The backup to disk option was removed as of iTunes 10.4. If you want to back up your tracks to a CD, you can as a workaround put the tracks in a playlist and then use the Burn Playlist to Disk command and select a data disk as the format. Unless your library is pretty small, though, it's probably a lot more effective to just copy the entire iTunes folder to an external hard drive or USB flash drive, either manually or by using backup software appropriate for your computer OS.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2013 10:17 AM in response to bobmail5

The backup to disk option was removed as of iTunes 10.4. If you want to back up your tracks to a CD, you can as a workaround put the tracks in a playlist and then use the Burn Playlist to Disk command and select a data disk as the format. Unless your library is pretty small, though, it's probably a lot more effective to just copy the entire iTunes folder to an external hard drive or USB flash drive, either manually or by using backup software appropriate for your computer OS.

Regards.

I used to be able to back up my Itunes Library on to Discs. I can not find that option anymore. Is it gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.