Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left speaker is distorted

When I plug my phone up to play music wether it is in a car or any stereo, the left speaker is so distorted I end up turning all the sound to the right speaker. How can I fix this?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 11:22 AM

2 replies

Apr 23, 2013 1:51 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Earphone jack.. I can turn the volume to about 75% on the phone and it clears up when I have the headphones in my ears. When I repeat the same step in my truck or on a stereo the distortion changes somewhat but never comes close to being clear. When the problem first started I simply used a cord that would plug into the bottom of the phone and everything was clear. I recently put my phone in a Lifeproof case (I am around water a lot) and the plug is too big to plug in while the phone is in this case so now I am back to the earphone jack. I thought maybe there was some technical step I could do to make things better. Thanks

Left speaker is distorted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.