Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store>Purchased items Question

There used to be a feature on the App Store app whereby one could see the entirety of the purchases that they had made, and you had a toggle at the top to sort by which apps were on the phone and which were not on the phone.

Has this been removed on a recent iOS update?

iPhone 5, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 12:29 PM

6 replies

Apr 23, 2013 12:52 PM in response to bhazel

Yes, you are correct, and that's where I am looking. The purchased screen doesn't look like it used to (doesn't have the toglle for on/not on the phone), and simply tells me that "all of your available apps have been downloaded to this computer", which is odd since I have a mere fraction of the apps I've purchased over the years actually loaded onto the phone. Previously, they all would be listed and would have the icloud icon next to them so I could install them quckly and easily.

User uploaded file

Apr 23, 2013 1:36 PM in response to |rob|

So I did some google image searching, and this is what I am talking about in terms of what it used to look like. I guess this handy feature has been removed for some reason? You can see from the blue header bar (which is now black on the latest version), that this must've been a previous itteration of the App Store app, probably changed during some iOS update.

User uploaded file

It was great to be able to find all the apps I have had in the past without having to remember their names and search for them manually. Another good feature removed for no reason I guess. *sigh*

Apr 23, 2013 2:01 PM in response to |rob|

FWIW, my iPhone 5 (running iOS 6.1.3) shows the list of purchases with the All/Not on this iPhone choice that you show in your second picture. Maybe it currently shows the list and the choice when it thinks you have already downloaded all your purchased apps. (Yes, I do have some purchased apps that I choose not to have on my iPhone.)

Now, it is less clear why it would think that you have downloaded all your purchased apps. Is there any chance that you have used multiple Apple IDs to purchase some apps over the years?

Apr 23, 2013 2:08 PM in response to markwmsn

Hi Mark,

Yes, this is very strange as I just checked my iPad 2 (running the latest iOS) to find that it too includes the All/Not on this iPad option. I should mention that my iPhone in question here is running the latest iOS (6.1.3).

I am positive that I have never used anything but this one AppleID to ever buy an app.

One thing I noticed, look at the headings on the two screens... the one that is acting strange says "Purchases" and the other says "Purchased"... not sure what to make of that.

Apr 23, 2013 2:20 PM in response to |rob|

SOLVED! Now I know what happened!

Awhile back, I wanted to rent a Saoirse Ronan movie named Hanna. When I went to look at it and buy it, for whatever reason it was available only in the Canadian version of the iTunes store (I live in Boston, so I am usually in the US store). I do recall being asked to log into the Canadian iTunes store (I used my same US store credentials), but didn't end up renting or buying because I wanted to gift-rent it for my girlfriend, but that is not a possible transaction type.

Apparently my phone remained logged in to the Canadian iTunes store (where I have never purchased anything at all), leading to the strange screen I posted previously. I went into Settings>iTunes & App Stores, signed out of my AppleID, logged back in (where it told me that my AppleID was only valid for the US Itunes store) and it switched me to the US store. Back into the App Store app, and viola, the screen I was looking for with the All/Not on this iPhone toggle is present, and all is well.

🙂

App Store>Purchased items Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.