Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 2 iphones on the same icloud for 2 different users. We (the users) dont want identical contacts. How do I delete the contats from one phone without deleting them from the other phone.

I have 2 iphones on the same icloud for 2 different users. We (the users) dont want identical contacts. How do I delete the contats from one phone without deleting them from the other phone.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 2:19 PM

3 replies

Apr 23, 2013 2:30 PM in response to mschwartzw

You can't; not if the phones are sharing the same iCloud account. If you want to keep your data separate, migrate one of them to a different iCloud account. (You can continue to share the same iTunes ID.)

To do this, go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account (this won't effect the other phone), choose Keep on My iPhone, sign back in with a different Apple ID to set up a new account, turn on your iCloud data syncing, then choose Merge to upload the data to the new account. You can then go to icloud.com from your computer and delete the other person's data from each account.

Another option if you're only concerned about not sharing contacts but wish to share everything else, is to set up a second iCloud account on one of the phones and sync contacts with the secondary account. To do this, go to Settings>iCloud, turn Contacts to Off and choose Keep on My iPhone. Then go to Settings>Mail,Contacts, Calendars>Add Account>iCloud, sign in with a different Apple ID to create the secondary account, and turn Contacts to On. You can then go to icloud.com from your computer and delete the other person's contacts from each account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.