Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I buy a new Micro SIM card in France for my Verizon iPhone 5 and use it while in Paris? Same for London?

I am travelling to Paris for a week and then London for a week. Can I purchase a new Micro SIM card for my Verizon iPhone 5 in Paris and London and then use my phone with some sort of prepaid plan while in France and England?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 4:34 PM

3 replies

Apr 23, 2013 5:17 PM in response to MatthewFreedAudio

I just spoke with Tech Support at Verizon and they said Yes, I can use my iPhone 5 in France and England. No unlocking is needed because the phones come pre-unlocked and ready to go. All I need to do is buy a new Micro SIM card in France/England and pick the pre-paid plan of my choosing and the phone will be good to go. Of course, I need to not lose my original Micro SIM card otherwise I would have quite the headache getting a new one once back in the US.

Can I buy a new Micro SIM card in France for my Verizon iPhone 5 and use it while in Paris? Same for London?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.