Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade my broken iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5 for a certain price?

My iPhone 4S screen is broken. There are only blue and black lines after I dropped it. Should I mail it to apple and have then fix it for $199 or is there anyway I pay an amount to upgrade to the IPhone 5? Please help

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 6:56 PM

Sell your broken iPhone then add to that enough to purchase an iPhone 5. There are no upgrades or trade-ins with Apple. If your current phone is broken you may have it replaced with a refurbished one of the same model:

If your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad is Broken

Apple does not fix iDevices. Instead they exchange yours for a refurbished or new replacement depending upon the age of your device and refurbished inventories. On rare occasions when there are no longer refurbished units for your older model, they may replace it with the next newer model.

You may take your device to an Apple retailer for help or you may call Customer Service and arrange to send your device to Apple:

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service - this includes international calling numbers.

iPod Service Support and Costs

iPhone Service Support and Costs

iPad Service Support and Costs

There are third-party firms that do repairs on iDevices, and there are places where you can order parts to DIY if you feel up to the task. Start with Google to search for these.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2013 6:56 PM in response to Cchen9275

Sell your broken iPhone then add to that enough to purchase an iPhone 5. There are no upgrades or trade-ins with Apple. If your current phone is broken you may have it replaced with a refurbished one of the same model:

If your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad is Broken

Apple does not fix iDevices. Instead they exchange yours for a refurbished or new replacement depending upon the age of your device and refurbished inventories. On rare occasions when there are no longer refurbished units for your older model, they may replace it with the next newer model.

You may take your device to an Apple retailer for help or you may call Customer Service and arrange to send your device to Apple:

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service - this includes international calling numbers.

iPod Service Support and Costs

iPhone Service Support and Costs

iPad Service Support and Costs

There are third-party firms that do repairs on iDevices, and there are places where you can order parts to DIY if you feel up to the task. Start with Google to search for these.

Can I upgrade my broken iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5 for a certain price?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.