Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separating Audio from Video in an Event Clip

Is there a way to separate the audio from the video in an event clip, so I can move only the audio to the project? If so how is this done?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 8:59 PM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2013 8:31 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I selected the portion of the clip containing the audio I wanted to put into the project, found the little triangle and clicked audio only, marked the clip as a favorite, went to the favorites where the selected clip, both video and audio was prsent. Now what do I do to just bring only the audio portion of the clip into the project?

Apr 24, 2013 10:06 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

User uploaded file

Selected portion of first image and marked it as favorite

User uploaded file

Section of image selected appears as favorite (along with another second image that I will use elsewhere with both audio and video)

User uploaded file

Per your advice:clicked triangle and selected audio only. I want to place only the audio of the clip i marked favorite under a portion of the timeline that contains nothing but silent titles. How do I do this? And can I reuse this section of the clip again, both audio and video in another section.

Thanks for your patience.

Separating Audio from Video in an Event Clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.