Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parilant Phone answering machine not working

Aloha:

The answering system had been working well for many years, like 15 or so. The only change was, that I switched from OS 10.6.8 to OS 10.8.3, but rapidly returned to 10.6.8. The newer system was a total disaster on my Macpro.

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro5,1

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

There were a few problems after returning to the older OS, but I have most of them under control except for my Parliant answering machine. It's continuing to look for its database.

Where should I look for that database?

Thanks

Dan Page

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 10:29 PM

6 replies

Dec 15, 2013 9:08 AM in response to DanPage

Agreed! I'm still using mine, but I don't know for how long.

As for 'looking for database', I recall all the files were easy to find (not hidden) in folders containing 'pariliant' in their name (I think, was a few years since I had similar problem). I had to reinstall everything as well, you'll need your serial or code number for that. You also need to make sure its included in your start up items (in preferences, accounts) so the database is available. Sorry if details are sketchty - like I said its been a few years 🙂

As for the furture, it would seem the main market for this product is busninesses. They seem to have migrated towards PBX phone systems and/or VOIP systems. Problem is that seems to be about a thousand bucks to get a starter system that has capibilities I sure don't need. I can't help but think a market still exists for a 'smaller' solution, but don't see one yet....

Keep in touch 🙂

Parilant Phone answering machine not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.