Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When a person backs up their music and video files to icloud, Where does that data go? And with Millions of people saving trillions of bits, how is it that one persons info stays associated with only that persons Id

When a person backs up their music and video. & other files to icloud, Where does that data go? And with Millions of people saving trillions of bits of info, how is it that one persons info stays associated with only that persons Id and equipment? How long can this info last wherever it is that it goes? Is there a limit to how much info can be out there before our brains ger boiled with all this stuff out there?

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 11:37 PM

It goes to the server (that's a bank of computers at the other end of the connection). The server is programmed to associate data with the ID of its owner (the exact method is a technical matter I can't advise on, if you really want to know you would have to study server technology). The data should be safe indefinitely if the server and its backups are being run properly, though ultimately no 100% guarantee is ever possible (however data losses are extremely rare).

I can't advise on brains, boiled or otherwise.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2013 11:37 PM in response to jambijoe

It goes to the server (that's a bank of computers at the other end of the connection). The server is programmed to associate data with the ID of its owner (the exact method is a technical matter I can't advise on, if you really want to know you would have to study server technology). The data should be safe indefinitely if the server and its backups are being run properly, though ultimately no 100% guarantee is ever possible (however data losses are extremely rare).

I can't advise on brains, boiled or otherwise.

When a person backs up their music and video files to icloud, Where does that data go? And with Millions of people saving trillions of bits, how is it that one persons info stays associated with only that persons Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.