Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a lot of old photos from my iPad at the same time?

I have a 64Gb iPad and I have filled it with photos from past holidays. I want to delete them so that I can store photos from this holiday. I import photos from my digital camera to inspect, edit & share while I am away, but load them in a separate library at home. So I can safely delete them now. It would be nice to be able to select by date range, say. The only way I have found so far is to select one by one. A couple of thousand selections will take a long time...

iPad

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 3:44 AM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2013 5:52 AM in response to Bunbury is dead

I searched myself for a long time and could not yet find a "select multiple and delete" function to delete from the camera roll.

The quick and dirty way way would be to connect your iPad by USB to your computer. It will be seen as a camera by Image Capture or iPhoto or Aperture, if you have it. Then select the photos you want to delete from the iPad and import them to your Computer (you can delete them immediately afterwards again) and enable the flag "Delete from camera after importing".

This will erase all imported photos from the camera roll at once, Only I hesitate to recommend that, because it is usually safer to let the camera erase the card, for each device knows its filesystem best.

Regards

Léonie

Apr 24, 2013 3:21 PM in response to léonie

Thanks again Leonie

I had found the Apple kb article describing this method but I thought there must be a better way. Apple is usually much more elegant! I used to use a Samsung net book when away to view photos and keep a backup copy. When I get home I use photoshop to load from the original cards to my server, and just delete from the net book. The iPad has a much better display, but has to be used in a different way.

Best regards

Peter

How do I delete a lot of old photos from my iPad at the same time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.