Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not sign in to iCloud using my iPad. It says verification failed, the request timed out. However, I can sign in at appleid.apple.com using my laptap.

I can not sign in to iCloud using my iPad. It says verification failed, the request timed out. However, I can sign in at appleid.apple.com using my laptap.

iPad, iOS 6.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2013 4:05 PM

I would suggest....

1. Going to Settings>Safari, and then deleting cookies and data

2. Then going to your home screen. Double click the home button, a shelf should appear at the bottom of the screen. - Hold your finger on the first app on the bottom shelf until it starts to shake. Once they are shaking, tap the Red circle with the white minus sign in it in the upper left corner of each app on the shelf until they are all closed. Note - this will NOT delete the apps, only close those running in the background.

3. Restart the device (hold sleep/wake button until you see a red "slide to power off" slider. Power down iPad. Then when screen is black, turn back on normally.

4. Try again.

5. If issue persists, if you have a cellular model, you'll probably want to try using cellular data instead of wifi to connect, turn Wifi to OFF in settings>wifi, then try again.

6. After this go back to settings>wifi and turn it back on

7. If using cellular didnt work, try again, now that wifi has been turned off then back on.

8. if still doesnt work, reset network settings, (will need to reenter you wifi passcode if you do this). You can reset these by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset network settings. This will restart your iPad so dont be alarmed.

8. Try again.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2013 4:05 PM in response to lenorej

I would suggest....

1. Going to Settings>Safari, and then deleting cookies and data

2. Then going to your home screen. Double click the home button, a shelf should appear at the bottom of the screen. - Hold your finger on the first app on the bottom shelf until it starts to shake. Once they are shaking, tap the Red circle with the white minus sign in it in the upper left corner of each app on the shelf until they are all closed. Note - this will NOT delete the apps, only close those running in the background.

3. Restart the device (hold sleep/wake button until you see a red "slide to power off" slider. Power down iPad. Then when screen is black, turn back on normally.

4. Try again.

5. If issue persists, if you have a cellular model, you'll probably want to try using cellular data instead of wifi to connect, turn Wifi to OFF in settings>wifi, then try again.

6. After this go back to settings>wifi and turn it back on

7. If using cellular didnt work, try again, now that wifi has been turned off then back on.

8. if still doesnt work, reset network settings, (will need to reenter you wifi passcode if you do this). You can reset these by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset network settings. This will restart your iPad so dont be alarmed.

8. Try again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.