Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want my iPhoto library on macbook to be synchronized with NAS (wd mybook live) and be accessable by PC via home LAN

I am new to OS X so the question might sound not quite right....

I got a MacBook, Windows laptop and NAS (WD MyBook Live 2TB). All three devices are in home LAN. MacBook is used to store and edit photos. But my wife uses Windows laptop and she wants to have an access to these photos too. In my old PC days I used Microsoft SyncToy to keep two sides synchronization between my PC, NAS and her laptop. As the new Mac days have come I want to keep all photos in iPhoto library, synchronize it with NAS via LAN so that my wife could further synchronize them (folder to folder) with her Windows laptop.

All this process could be done manually e.g. I add new photos to iPhoto and then add them to NAS. Then my wife sync with MS SyncToy. But is there any way to keep my iPhoto and NAS synchronized (one side Mac to NAS) automatically and make it accessible for Windows user?

Hope I stated my thoughts clear :-)

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 7:12 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2013 7:20 AM in response to artzinoviev

This is not possible

iPhoto has no cross platform capability and as far as I know no one has produced a PC program that can read and under stand teh iPhoto library - and the iPhoto library must always be on a volume formatted Mac OS extended (journaled)

As to keeping copies of your photos on the NAS sure - there is no automatic way to do it but you certainly can down load your photos to the NAS and import them to iPhoto from there - or you probably can crated an automated Mac script with automator (I do not use it so can not assist) to do it

And there are iPhoto "like" Digital Asset Managers (DAMS) that do have cross platform capability -

LN

I want my iPhoto library on macbook to be synchronized with NAS (wd mybook live) and be accessable by PC via home LAN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.