Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I customize the keyboard in Pages?

I would like to use Pages instead of Word. However, for years I've used Word after customizing the keyboard so that I can navigate around the page with the cursor without resorting to using the mouse. This feature has been part of Word since its inception, I believe, and is a great boon to touch typists. Combinations of keys can be dedicated to such functions as moving the cursor one space, or a whole word or line, as well as up and down line by line.

Is there anything similar that can be done with Pages?

MacPro, MacBookPro, iPhone, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 8:06 AM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2013 8:19 AM in response to Assignment

Yes, they are standard OSX shortcuts, most are just the cursor keys with combinations of the command, shift and option keys. So learn them for Pages and you have learnt them for everything, unlike in Windows.

Look in Pages:

Menu > Help > Keyboard Shortcuts

You Customise keyboard shortcuts for all OSX applications in:

Menu > Apple > System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > + > Application > browse to Pages > Menu Title: Type in exactly what is in the menu including U&lc > Keyboard Shortcut: hit the combination of keys (make sure they are not already taken) > Add

Peter

Can I customize the keyboard in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.